Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday: Of Angels and Angles, The Decemberists
When I think of angels I think of faith and hope. It’s the calming light that lets you know everything is going to be okay.
I could not have picked a better time to read 1984, by George Orwell. The characteristics are just a mirror image of the politics today. The McCain campaign is gaining power that is fueled by fear. They have instilled fear into people to believe that the world is going to end if Obama becomes President of the United States. Whereas, if you look at the people who support Obama you see hope; hope for a better country (or just to get us out of this pile of shit accumulated in the past 8 years). I do not want to sound like those extreme religious conservatives who might say something like, “he is sent here from God.” All I am saying that I have faith and hope that this man is best for this job. So here, from different angel is an angel, in my opinion.

Tuesday: Torn and Frayed, The Rolling Stones
Not too much creativity here, at least not on my part. I’ll give that credit to the son of a bitch that tore down my door and robbed me.



Wednesday: Slippery People, Talking Heads




Thursday: Too Much of Nothing, Bob Dylan
It seems like no matter what I always have a ton of pennies, in my wallet, the cup holder in my car, and in my change bowl at home. I am not saving them for a particular reason; I just can’t spend them fast enough. As our government continues to inject money into our economy it just diminishes the worth of the penny. And so back into the change bowl it goes.

Friday: Photographers choice. What song title comes to mind?


Check out everyone's photos for the theme:

4 comments:

Amy Kingman said...

Oh my gosh! Sue!!!!!!! You poor thing! Are you ok?!

Sue said...

Thanks Amy, yes i am ok. It happened when we were at work yesterday.

Sara said...

Amen to your Angel, Sue! Great picture of Obama. Where is that from?

Love your "waterfall" of pennies. I hear what you're saying.

Thanks for making us think a bit on this photo week. You know I love it!

Unknown said...

Awesome shot of the pennies! Also, that is a really cool sketch of Obama. Where did you find that?